Maintenance Man Genoa (Genoa Headworks)
The Maintenance Man is responsible for maintaining district parks, facilities and equipment in the hydraulic operations of the District. He/she also assists equipment operators and serves as a dredge deck hand during the dredging season when assigned to Genoa Headworks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERINCE:
- High school degree or equivalent education
- 6-12 months work experience in similar work setting
- Maintain a valid Nebraska driver's license and a CDL certification with a responsible driving record
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Safely operate and consistently maintain District equipment in first class operating condition
- Discharge all assignments given by supervisor relating to all phases of canal and property maintenance
- Serve as dredge deck hand (applicable to Genoa Headworks area)
- Safely operate chain saw, wheel tractor, weed mower and spray, trash rake at Powerhouses
- Gate tending as assigned by supervisor (applicable to Genoa Headworks area)
- Safely operate motor launch (applicable to Genoa Headworks area)
Loup River Public Power District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested in this position, please email application and resume to Amanda Henry or mail to PO Box 988, Columbus, NE 68602-0988.
The District is an equal opportunity employer, and values the contributions of its diverse work force. The objective of the District is to obtain individuals qualified and/or trainable for positions by virtue of job related standards of education, training, experience and personal qualifications.
For information on job opportunities, call (402) 564-3171, ext. 282.
To obtain a job application, please visit our General Office at 2404 15th Street in Columbus, NE or apply online by completing the District Job Application Form (PDF) .
NOTE: If sending resumes electronically, please send a PDF document or a Microsoft Word document to email@example.com.
Resumes and cover letters can be mailed to:
Loup Power District,
P.O. Box 988
Columbus, NE 68602-0988